Award-winning Environmental Journalist, Author, Graphic Artist and Communications Specialist
Ananda Banerjee has been part of several leading organisations to give a voice to important environmental and development trends, through his research, writing and artwork. His ability to popularise data, research, science and developmental issues through research, writing and design have won him several prestigious awards. He has been widely applauded for his incisive writing on environmental issues.
Ananda has been able to straddle diverse organisations across his 25-year long career, bringing to each his deep knowledge about natural history, climate change and conservation. His interest lies in environmental economics, sustainability and ecological restorations.
Ananda is currently Editor Special Projects at Outlook Group & Consulting Editor at GoNewsIndia – India’s first app based news channel.
Further Ananda is associated with Environment Law And Development Foundation where he co-founded ‘Paryavidhi’ – Environment Law Quarterly magazine and as an ‘expert/ resource person’ for Deutsche Forest Service (DFS)/ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ-India) on Human Wildlife Conflict Mitigation in India / Indo-German Biodiversity Programme.
Banerjee is a recipient of the following most prestigious awards:
• Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Earth Heroes Award (2015)
• Environmental Journalist of the Year, Asian Environmental Journalist Awards (AEJA – Singapore Environment Council) (2014)
• Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism, (2013)
• Amy – The Amur Falcon (2014 – Nagaland Wildlife & Biodiversity Conservation Trust, 2014)
• Nature Chronicles of India – Essays on Wildlife, (2014, Rupa & Co)
• Wild Trail in Madhya Pradesh (2013, Eicher Goodearth Books)
• Common Birds of the Indian Subcontinent (2008, Rupa & Co)
Ananda has contributed to several books, magazines, galleries and museums around the globe – Grosvenor Gallery, London; National Museum of Natural History (Naturalis), Leiden; World Water Exhibition, Hague; Water Asia Exhibition, New Delhi, International Crane Foundation, Wisconsin to name a few. Earlier Ananda has been a communications consultant for Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, World Bank; project planning process; Biodiversity Conservation and Rural Livelihood Improvement Project (BCRLIP)
INVITED LECTURES & ADVISORY ROLE
• Guest speaker at The Horcynus Foundation Orca di Messina, Italy, September, 2019
• Guest speaker at The School of Cultural Heritage, Department of Communication and Didactic, Academy of Brera, Milan, & Antonio Ratti Foundation, Commo, ltaly (2018)
• Distinguished visiting scholar and lecturer at University of New Mexico (UNM Art Museum), Albuquerque, USA (Fall, 2017)
• Advisory board of Current Conservation (www.currentconservation.org)
• Member – IUCN Commission on Education and Communication.
• FEJI-ATREE (Forum of Environmental Journalists of India – Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment)
• Earth Journalism Network (EJN)
• The International League of Conservation Writers (ILCW)